The North America Hazardous Materials Management Association (NAHMMA) is a non-profit, membership-based association of individuals, businesses, government officials, academia, and non-profit organizations dedicated to pollution prevention and reducing the hazardous components entering municipal waste streams from households, small businesses and other entities.
We promote and encourage:
• Product reformulation
• Development and use of less or non-hazardous products, constituents, processes, and methods
• Collection of products and materials that contain hazardous components for reuse, recycling or hazardous waste management.
We do this by:
• Fostering education, communication and informational exchanges
• Encouraging development of sound policies and cost effective strategies
• Recognizing exemplary people, programs, policies and practices
• Providing professional development opportunities.