- Program Innovation - To recognize unique and effective innovations in either HHW or CESQG services, including best recycling/reuse strategies, best documented educational strategies resulting in positive behavior change, and/or best documented hazard reduction.
- CESQG P2 Award - To recognize the best or most innovative example of pollution prevention for or by CESQGs.
- Outstanding Policy Advancement - To recognize the best, most innovative, or forward moving policy enacted at the federal, state , local, or product-category level over the past year that best addresses NAHMMA's mission statement.
- Outstanding Product - To recognize a consumer product that best exemplifies the tenets of NAHMMA's mission statement; i.e., pollution prevention, reduction of hazardous waste components in municipal waste streams, etc.
- Best New Program - To recognize the best new HHW program implemented at the local level during the past year.
- Agents of Change - To recognize and celebrate those individuals in our industry who go "above and beyond" to make a difference. They consistently achieve outstanding results and work diligently and creatively to protect people and the environment.
- Hometown Hero Award - Given to the individuals who simply knocked themselves out to put on a national conference that reflects the shared values of NAHMMA.
- Outstanding Personal Service - To recognize an individual for outstanding service in promoting pollution prevention and the reduction of hazardous components in municipal waste streams, and otherwise promoting the tenets of NAHMMA's mission statement throughout North America.
- Program Excellence - To recognize an outstanding program which addresses household and CESQG hazardous waste management at the state or local level, promotes pollution prevention, reduction of hazardous components in municipal waste streams and NAHMMA's mission statement.
- President's Award: Outstanding Member Contribution - To be used at the discretion (and sole decision) of the president to honor a member who has contributed in exceptional ways to NAHMMA.
- President's Award: Outstanding Service to the Industry - To be used at the discretion (and sole decision) of the president to honor a member who has contributed in exceptional ways to our industry.
- President's Award: Longstanding Program Excellence - To be used at the discretion (and sole decision) of the president to honor a program which has contributed in unique ways to the organization.
"Lighter Side" NAHMMA Awards
As we all know, work in the HHW world can be kind of crazy sometimes. To recognize the strangest, scariest and/or the coolest thing that happened this year, NAHMMA gives awards, for this, the "Lighter Side" of the field.
- Pickled Skunk Brains Award - To recognize the most unusual item received at an HHW or CESQG collection service in the past year.
- Picric Acid Award - To recognize the most explosive situation at an HHW or CESQG collection Service in the past year.
- Picturesque Award - Given to the program with the best photo of an event with the most unique or creative occurrence.